Studio Policies, Rental Terms & Conditions
The Vintage Loft Studios can be booked for a variety of uses such as; Photo-sessions, Video-shoots, meetings, workshops, classes, and other small events as agreed upon. Your rental time includes arrival time, set up/set down time. Renters are not permitted to arrive more than 5 minutes in their studio. Our staff will be visiting your studio rooms within 10 minutes prior to the end of your booking to ensure that the room is left in its original condition. Please see web-site for prices. The Studios will not be guaranteed until the Rental Agreement has been completed, signed by the renter. Please Note: We are on the 2nd floor and do not have an elevator. (due to the nature of the older building.) If you have any one coming in that will need assistance, we will help in any way we can. We do have a chair lift available for use if needed, along with trained staff for easy transfer.
Please be aware that if you have sound requirements for your session, we have other studios and another business below us. Sometimes sound (heat, a/c/ music) may be an issue and would be out of our control. If you are needing audio recording, we suggest booking the full studio and/or having mic system to speaker. We will always accommodate you the best we can.
We are located in downtown Whitby at 207A Dundas St. West on the 2nd floor (above Pizza Nova). The entrance is on the east side of the building, enter our door labelled as The Vintage Loft and head upstairs to the 2nd Floor. DO NOT go up the fire escape.
We have plenty of parking for you or your guests at no charge. Our lot is on the east side of the building. We share the lot with Pizza Nova, and the medical office. If for whatever reason there is no parking available, there is a Green P parking located on the South-West side of the building across the street..
Each renter will assume full responsibility for any damage caused to any part of the entryway, studios, washroom, floors, windows, doors, mirrors, walls, ceilings, props, and/or any equipment agreed upon. Each renter agrees to pay in full for repair or replacement of any item or structure damaged by the renters or by their clients, collaborators, or guests invited to The Vintage Loft by the renter. Full payment will be made within 30 DAYS of the when the damage was incurred.
Each renter assumes liability for injury of any persons they invite to the space, including but not limited to injury to guests attending photography sessions, meetings, workshops, classes and events.
Normal studio bookings:
The booking fee is non-refundable but will be offered studio credit if given more than 48 hours notice. Please be cautious of the time of year you book as the payment is non-refundable. If your cancel within 48 hours, you will not receive a studio credit.
If you are here for an event The Vintage Loft needs 7 days notice of cancellation in order to receive 75% credit. We do not give a full credit back as we still need to pay our staff for the time planning and prepping your event. We do not take into consideration of weather. Please be cautious of the time of year you book as the payment is non-refundable.
There is no extended time after your scheduled time for clean up, as we would have given you a 10 minute warning prior. After a 5 minute bereavement past your scheduled time, you will be charged a late fee of $25+HST; if you reach 10+minutes, you will be charged $60+HST per half hour. If you think you will need additional time for clean up, please ask our staff before your session begins if there is time after, and you will only be charged the normal studio additional price.
Any guests renting the studios is responsible for observing the following guidelines. We appreciate your co-operation and ask that everyone respects the studios and leaves them clean and tidy in order to avoid additional fees. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF FUTURE ACCESS TO OUR STUDIO AND/OR ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
1. If you are expecting more than 8 guests at one time in your studio, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate the studio and flow in the common areas.
2. We ask that you and your clients bring inside shoes in order to keep our floors clean for you and other guests. We have studio slides for those that wish to use them.
3. Please note that all common areas are under video surveillance to ensure all of our safety and securities as well as studio policies are being met.
4. The individual who booked the studio must be the last person to leave as they are held responsible for the condition in which the room has been left.
5. We are pet friendly. There is a pet fee on our website that you are able to add on. It is $25+HST so we can clean and sanitize our spacePets MUST be leashed or held while in our studio outside of the time they are being photographed. Client is responsible for any extra cleaning or damage a pet may occur. $50 cleaning fee will be applied to your account for accident clean up fee.
6. If you or your client plan on doing your hair and/or make up here, please make sure to add-on The Marilyn Make up Room prior to your booking. (This room is rented for $25+HST/hour), or please arrive ready. (Other than getting dressed - your rental comes with a dressing room, that is available during your booking time.
7. No explicit music please.
8. We are a smoke-free facility; e-cigarettes, vaping, and cannabis are also not permitted.
9. Tossing of small confetti, rice, glitter, or any similar material is prohibited. Clients will be responsible for cost of cleaning and any damages.
10. Open flames, sparklers, smoke bombs, hazers/fog machines, and bubble machines are not permitted. Event purposes: Candles surrounded with glass are acceptable.
11. All items must be brought into the studio you are renting. We are not responsible for loss or damages to items left in common areas.
The above policies are automatically agreed upon when the renter books and pays for their room rental/event. By signing this document you are acknowledging the policies that have been put in place, but it is understood when booking that you have read through them prior to you booking.
There is no exception to any person for booking without going through the guidelines and policies prior to the booking process.
Thank you for choosing The Vintage Loft Studios and Creative Space